DIVORCE DOCUMENTS NEEDED AT TIME OF FILING
AN UNCONTESTED DIVORCE IN HAWKINS COUNTY CHANCERY COURT
For an UNCONTESTED divorce (meaning both parties are in agreement), the following documents will be needed:
· Complaint for Divorce (The person filing must sign in presence of Notary.)
· Marital Dissolution Agreement (Both parties must sign in presence of Notary.)
· Final Decree of Divorce (Bring with you to hearing and it will be signed by Chancellor if accepted.)
If children under the age of 18 are involved, the following additional documents will be required:
· Permanent Parenting Plan which includes a Child Support Worksheet
(Both parties must sign documents in presence of a Notary.)
· Parenting Class Certificate for both parties. For these classes, contact:
850 West Main Street, Suite 1
Rogersville, TN 37857
WaltersState Community College
Divorce and Parenting Plan forms can be downloaded from the internet Here.
If you do not have access to a computer, computers are available at the library.
You may wish to use the TDHS Child Support Calculator available for download Here.
**NOTE** -- There is a 60-day waiting period from date filed if no children are
involved and a 90-day waiting period with children.
FILING FEES FOR DIVORCE:
With Children $299.50
Without Children $224.50
THIS OFFICE IS NOT ALLOWED TO PROVIDE LEGAL ADVICE OR ADVISE HOW TO COMPLETE THE FORMS. YOU MAY NEED TO SEEK THE ASSISTANCE OF AN ATTORNEY.