Sheriff Ronnie Lawson is serving as the top law enforcement officer for Hawkins County. Sheriff Lawson started his law enforcement career in July 1977, with the Rogerville Police Department as a Patrolman.
After serving 12 years as Chief Deputy, he served as Chief Detective for Sheriff Warren Rimer.
In 2007 he was reassigned to Patrol Division where he served until elected Sheriff in May 2010.
The Sheriff’s Office is charged with various duties which include general law enforcement, court security, county correctional facility operation, and civil and criminal service of process. The Sheriff’s Office currently employs approximately eighty officers and staff to carry out its duties.
Tony Allen - Chief Deputy
Hawkins County Sheriff’s Department
Administrative Offices 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Monday - Friday
The Hawkins County Sheriff’s Department currently charges the following fees:
Service of Process $22.00
1. Where do I get an automobile accident report?
2. Is there a charge for an automobile accident report?
3. Do you perform criminal background checks?
4. Is there a charge for a criminal background check?
5. When can I pick up a report?
6. Who is a good lawyer or bondsman?